Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pink Monkey Part 1

I went on vacation a couple times in since the middle of August. The first trip was my graduation gift to myself. I've always wanted to go to Europe or back east somewhere, but unfortunately I didn't want to wait long enough to save for that. So I chose to go to California and visit some friends.

My first trip I flew out of Idaho Falls to LA where I had lunch with my friend Karen at Johnny Rockets and then I flew up to San Franciso where I stayed a couple days with my old roommate Jamie and some of her family and then drove up to Healdsburg and Cloverdale to say goodbye to her family before she drove back to Idaho with me. She was coming back up to school this fall I rode back with her and then she stayed on my couch for a few days before school started.

The first night I flew into San Franciso about 10pm and then took the hotel shuttle to my hotel and then got to enjoy a lovely evening in the company of Me, Myself, and I. The next day Jamie and some of her family met up with me.

I loved San Franciso. We spent a lot of time on Fisherman's Wharf including Pier 39 and then went out to Alcatraz, drove over the Oakland Bridge, by accident (I'm happy to say I was not the one driving) and the Golden Gate Bridge. And we went to the shore where we found some sand dollars right on the beach and got to feel the waves come in from the ocean.

We bought a city pass for each of us and were able to go see a lot of incredible things while were were there. We went to the California Academy of Sciences where there was an incredible aquarium, an exhibit on Mammals, and an Rainforest habitat. We went to the Aquarium of the Bay and rode a cable car. And walked through the De Young and the Legion of Honor Museums.- Both museums were inside city parks. Pretty cool. I also ate at my first Hard Rock Cafe and at a really good place called Wipeout Bar and Grill. I also got to try some authentic San Fran food including Clam Chowder in a sour dough bread bowl at Boudin's Sour Dough which is a bakery right on the Wharf and supposedly the moist bay air makes all the difference in their Sour dough start.

Unfortunately I've been trying to upload pictures for an hour and my internet connection just doesn't like that idea, so I unfortunately don't have any pictures.

No comments: