Monday, April 13, 2009

The End At the Beginning of it All

So Tuesday was perhaps the most exciting day of my life... well up to this point anyway....

Here's the EXCITING NEWS....

1. After waiting 4.5 extremely long weeks I got my Praxis test scores back. (For those of you who don't know these tests are the definition of evil to a college student because a) they cost more than I spent on food for a semester 2) The tests were administered starting at 7:30 in the AM on a Saturday!!! tres) covering everything you may or may not have learned kindergarten to present, and D) The 2nd test was 2 hrs of written responses....

And amazingly enough, I passed both tests! So contrary to my belief that I'd be retaking at least one of the tests this coming fall.... I passed both... at least according to the states of Idaho and Utah. THERE is no other explaination than the amazing power of prayer cause there is no way on earth I passed otherwise. I seriously had no time to study and after being out of school for 2 months I wasn't exactly prepared for over 4hrs of testing.

You know what they say about people's jaws dropping... yeah mine did that cause I saw the results and I was like... are you kidding me... there is NO WAY I passed... I totally bombed that test..... and then I was screaming at the top of my lungs... "I passed" and I was literally bouncing on top of my bed.

Other good news-
I finally got my letter of introduction written for student teaching and thanks to fabulous friends and family who helped edit it I got it turned in.... over 24hrs before it was offically due... I know miracles happen. I didn't procrastinate until the last second....

That letter was the last thing I had to submit before the deadline so I have everything in that I need to and I am completely ready for student teaching... well with the exception of my classes this fall.

And I was on a roll that night and I was like, well I did get my student teaching stuff in and I know when I want to walk for graduation, I might as well apply.

So YEAH I applied for graduation too.
I will walk in Commencement April 2010..... Which strangely is less than a year away... crazy....


And yes I know it sounds really cheesy to say that it was the best day of my life to this point, but I was completely high on the thrill of accomplishment!!!

That's 3 very important things that's I've got done. Now all I have to do is show up to my last semester of classes and then I'm on my way to Vegas!!!!

I still have no idea what I'm doing after student teaching... or where I plan on living... but at least I know what I'm doing for the next 10ish months.

And at this point in my life to have a plan for 10 months is huge.... considering I've ended up moving every 3 months for the last year and a half.

But yeah this is the end of my college years... and the beginning of everything else.

1 comment:

Katie Joyce said...

Hey, knowing what you're doing a month ahead is awesome!

Congrats D! You've always been stellar but I'm glad that you are finally realizing it. By the way- you'll rock life up in Vegas!